Join our panel of experts as we discuss urgent concerns by those homebound by COVID-19; So what to do now? With out a doubt, the world changed overnight. Until recently COVID-19 was an unknown. In fact, according to the National Post, nearly half of Canadian households have lost work due to the COVID-19 shutdown,the Angus Reid Institute has found. With that in mind, the As a result, I asked my trusted industry experts their thoughts.
Meet Raymond Daez is a Mortgage Agent with Mortgage Alliance and Heather Holjevac is an Independant Financial Advisor. Here’s what they said:
Homebound by COVID-19; So what to do now?
During this unsettling time, the Ontario government has deemed real estate is an essential service for now. Scott answered: Why is real estate an essential service? Because in some cases it’s a critical housing need;
• those who have sold their home and not yet purchased.
• those who must sell or buy to meet their personal financial obligations or provide shelter for their family.
• Seniors needing to move for extra personal care or to downsize
How do I limit interaction and possible exposure to COVID-19 when buying or selling my home?
Scott answered: here are the directions from Royal Lepage Meadowtowne Realty Brokerage.
- Viewing properties by Buyers through virtual options (virtual tours, floorplans, photos);
- Again for safety sake. Buyers will complete the Royal LePage “Showing Health Disclosure Declaration”
- Restrict showings to buyers who have an accepted conditional offer or an offer pending contingent on physical inspection only
- Only principals on the offer can see the property
- All occupants of the home be absent during the showing
- Disinfect lock-box, door knobs, surfaces, light switches and counters with antibacterial/germ killing cleaners.
- Sign documents through electronic signatures
- Use video conferencing to present offers
- Anticipate delayed closing and use a clause in all offers
- Effective communication via telephone, text and emails
Physical Property Showings are Strictly Limited
For certain, we will get through this! And it will pass. Further we will be stronger for it! So, stay healthy, stay home, and love your family. I’ll keep you up-to-date as things change in the real estate market.
Meanwhile, it’s day by day – hour by hour for now. Some of my buyers and sellers are telling me to hold it off for now. I 100% support that!
Others of my clients have a critical need to buy and sell right real estate right now. And we are doing it today with our protocols in place for safety, smart marketing virtual showings and more…
• Digital listings on MLS with HD virtual HD photos and online smart marketing
• Virtual Showings – Non- intrusive, and no one visits your home
• Offers with a condition for the buyer to satisfactory view your property
• NO OPEN HOUSES – per provincial social distance guidelines
• Docusign – E signature options for offers and other paperwork
• Review offers through zoom.us online web meetings
So keep your head up, and remember, if you have any real estate related questions I am here to help. We’ve strictly limited physical property showings by Royal LePage Meadowtowne Realty brokerage. Further I’ve really taken strides to move real estate transactions into the cloud. I’ve also attached below the link to the Canadian Emergency Response Benefit website to make it easy to apply. So, my office doors may be closed, but my line is always open! Reach out if you need help!
Scott Brubacher 647.223.0237 Helping you is what we do!
Canadian Emergency Response Benefit
I also understand that calling this number may be an even quicker way to access the system: 1-800-959-2041 or go the the link for online.